Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta
This simple recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Involve the kids in the kitchen by allowing them to help cook the pasta, measure the seasonings and cheese, or juice and zest the lemon.
*Thanks to our intern Kiera Mabry for helping to find this month’s recipes! Find this recipe at Eating Well.
Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta with Lemon & Parmesan
Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice, and zest; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and the cooked pasta. Cover and let stand until the spinach is just wilted. Divide among 4 plates and top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.