Local COVID-19 Resources
N.C. Cooperative Extension continues to work with county and university guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. As we are provided information at the county and state level, we will share those resources here for the public. These resources are based on guidance and best practices as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the World Health Organization (WHO.) Check back frequently for updates to the guidance.
To stay up-to-date, check the following webpages:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) COVID-19 Response in North Carolina
- NC State University Coronavirus Response
We Want to Hear From You
Please consider filling out this brief five questions survey so Sampson County Cooperative Extension can better serve our community during this time:
Home and Community
School Meals in Sampson County:
During this time of school closures due to COVID-19 many local schools and community sites are offering free meals to all children under the age of 18.
As of Tuesday, April 28th the following schools and community sites are offering meals in the Clinton City Schools district:
- Weekdays between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Butler Avenue Elementary
- Clinton High
- LC Kerr Elementary
- Sampson Middle
- Sunset Ave Elementary
- Weekdays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Ellen Street at Royal Lane Park
- College Street Academy
- 48 Frank Lane (Hwy 403)
- Olivet Baptist Church
- Seven Gables Skating Rink
- Libson Street Baptist Church
- Friendly Community Center (75 Hanson Rd.)
As of Monday, March 23rd the following schools and community sites are offering meals in the Sampson County Schools district:
- Weekdays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Hargrove Elementary
- Hobbton High
- Midway Elementary
- Roseboro-Salemburg Middle
- Union Middle
- Salemburg Elementary
- Weekdays between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
- Snow Hill Baptist church
- Garland Senior Center
- Autryville (town picnic shelter)
- Pleasant Church
- Turkey Town Hall
- Central Baptist Church
Check your local school district’s website and Facebook page for more information!
Teaching your children at home?
ASL/Captioned Videos from The Division of Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
Infosheets – English
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer 3.30.20
- Preparing for an Outbreak 3.17.20
- What to Do if You are Sick 4.02.20
- Cleaning and Disinfection 3.17.20
- Is COVID-19 a Food Safety Issue? 3.17.20
- Is Coronavirus a Concern with Takeout? 3.20.20
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Reusable Bags 3.26.20
- Shopping and Handling Groceries 3.28.20
- Handling Bulk Poultry 4.28.20
- Handling Bulk Beef 4.28.20
- Handling Bulk Pork 4.28.20
Infosheets – Spanish
- Desinfectante de Manos Hecho en Casa (Homemade Hand Sanitizer)
- Como Prepararse Contra un Brote en su Comunidad (Preparing for an Outbreak in Your Community)
- ¿Que Hacer si Esta a Enfermo? (What to Do if You are Sick)
- Limpiando y Disinfectando (Cleaning and Disinfection)
- ¿Es el Coronavirus un Problema de Seguridad en los Alimentos? (Is COVID-19 a Food Safety Issue? 4.01.20)
- Lavando y Desinfectando Bolsas Reutilizables (Cleaning and Disinfecting Reusable Bags, 4.09.20)
- COVID-19 Farming Resources for Farmers and Farmworkers
- Guidance for Migrant Farmworkers, Their Employers, and Housing Providers
- COVID-19 Points for Growers from GAP Connections
- MeatSuite.com – A website for NC farms that raise meat and sell it, in bulk quantities, directly to consumers.
- Training Opportunity: Making the Most Out of Bulk Sales Opportunities: Two New NC Choices’ Tools
- Training Opportunity: Creating Consumer-friendly Bulk Meat Sales in the Time of COVID
Disinfectants for Cleaning:
Drinking Water and Waste Water:
For more information about Food Service, Grocery Stores, Food Banks, Farmers’ Markets, U-Pick Farms, and Community Gardens, visit: Food Safety COVID-19 Resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks